My Journey Begins: College Move in

Yesterday, I moved into college! I start school in two weeks at the University of Kentucky. My very first day on campus was crazy busy. It all started at 7:30 am when I woke up. My family and I drove up the night before and stayed in a hotel since I live three and a half hours away from campus. After waking up, I got dressed and ready to go. We went down and ate breakfast then got in the car to go to my dorm. At nine in the morning, I unloaded the two cars full of all my belongings I had packed the day before. We filled carts full and lined up for the elevators. About fifteen minutes later, I was in the room I would live in for the next nine months!

After rearranging my furniture like five times, I finally started to unpack the carts and organize my new room. We took a break to go shopping and get lunch. After about two hours we were back in my room hanging up photos. Time was flying by. I had to get ready for orientation before we were even done. I said a quick goodbye and was on my way.

After orientation, I went back to my room to find that my mom and sister had decorated more after I left. It was a great little surprise. They came back before they left. My dad had headed home three hours earlier, but the girls stayed to see how orientation went and pick up a few more things for me. Saying goodbye to them was super hard as I knew I wouldn't see them until the family weekend at the end of September. Around nine o'clock, they finally left and I was all alone in my room with a roommate I had only talked to through text before we moved in.
Everything about that first night was weird. I have always had multiple pets so sleeping in a bed without a single pet on it was super strange. Also, I have a twin bed at home, but in my dorm room, I have a full-sized bed!

Don't let me mislead you, I absolutely loved knowing that I was off on this great adventure called life! I may have started out a little scared and weary, but I know things are only going to get better from this day on. Heres to four years of an amazing life at my new home away from home!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Through Z About Me!

Am I Santa?

New Site!